ONE is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our growing team of professionals in either our Fargo, ND location.
ONE is a mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering consulting firm, specializing in building system design, services, and innovative solutions. At ONE, we care about people. We care about the success and wellbeing of our employees, clients, and communities. This translates into a unique work environment and a superior client experience that thrives on integrity, quality, collaboration, and smart innovation. Through our culture shaped by our values, our mission of positively impacting people through innovative facility solutions will be possible.
This position will prepare and oversee construction documents as they relate to civil design for owners, architects, developers, contractors, and other clients. They will provide expert advice in the design, planning and management of civil construction projects. The position will ensure that a client’s expectations are met or exceeded. This position assists in growing and developing the civil group and services and continue to build successful client relations.
Problem-solving and critical thinking is necessary and involves identification and analysis of various problems; solutions are often found by reviewing standard documented processes and work procedures and modifying them to apply to the situation. Guidance is usually provided on what source(s) to consult, and the supervisor reviews the decision before implementation.
Some independent judgment is necessary to select and implement the most appropriate solution, with frequent discussion/contact with a supervisor. May occasionally make recommendations to work procedures, policies, and practices. Suggestions to create efficiencies within work procedures, policies, and practices are always encouraged.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively develop proposals for civil design work
- Accurately prepare civil construction documents
- Provide descriptive solutions to civil site design difficulties
- Successfully manage projects that are completed on time and within budget
- Frequent professional interaction with clients to discover and implement expectations
- Maintain positive relationships with previous clients
- Encourage coordination with other design disciplines
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- PE Licensed Civil Engineer
- 10+ years of working industry experience
- Proven ability to maintain and high level of professionalism and organization
- Proficiency in Autodesk Civil 3D
- Established industry and market expert
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role
This position requires regular sitting, talking, hearing, and vision and occasional standing, walking, climbing/balancing, reaching with arms, crouching/crawling, feeling/touching, and lifting or carrying objects weighing over 20lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Submit Your Resume Today