ONE is looking for an IT Specialist to join our growing team of professionals in either our Fargo, ND, Minneapolis, or Duluth, MN location.
ONE is a mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering consulting firm, specializing in building system design, services, and innovative solutions. At ONE, we care about people. We care about the success and wellbeing of our employees, clients, and communities. This translates into a unique work environment and a superior client experience that thrives on integrity, quality, collaboration, and smart innovation. Through our culture shaped by our values, our mission of positively impacting people through innovative facility solutions will be possible.
This position will serve the employees and managers to ensure a sound technical environment companywide, which allows for efficient and effective work productivity. The IT Specialist will readily be available to support staff, troubleshoot technology issues, and answer any questions that arise throughout the workday. The position will provide pro-active communication with IT team to ensure system and user issues are researched and solved promptly.
Problem-solving and critical thinking is necessary and involves identification and analysis of various problems; solutions are often found by reviewing standard documented processes and work procedures and modifying them to apply to the situation. Guidance is usually provided on what source(s) to consult, and the supervisor reviews the decision before implementation.
Some independent judgment is necessary to select and implement the most appropriate solution, with frequent discussion/contact with a supervisor. May occasionally make recommendations to work procedures, policies, and practices. Suggestions to create efficiencies within work procedures, policies, and practices are always encouraged.
This position is in a decisions impact department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install and configure software and computer systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software or hardware.
- Walk colleagues or clients through steps to help them resolve their technical problems.
- Assist with maintaining procedures and reports that provide technical support to the entire organization.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Establish accounts for new users and assist with password or login problems.
- Participate in business-wide meetings to provide insight into technical requirements.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 1+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge and expertise with Office 365 and a variety of other software, hardware, and applications.
- Experience in the Engineering field and CAD software preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.
This position requires regular feeling/touching and vision as well as frequent sitting, talking, and hearing. Occasional standing, walking, climbing/balancing, reaching with arms, crouching/crawling, and lifting/carrying objects weighing over 20lbs may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Submit Your Resume Today