ONE is looking for an Electrical Technician to join our growing team of engineering professionals in our Fargo, N.D. location.
ONE is a mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering consulting firm, specializing in building system design, services, and innovative solutions. At ONE, we care about people. We care about the success and wellbeing of our employees, clients, and communities. This translates into an unparalleled work environment and a superior client experience that thrives on integrity, quality, collaboration, and smart innovation. Through our culture shaped by our values, our mission of positively impacting people through innovative facility solutions will be possible.
This position will be responsible for assisting engineers to design and develop electrical distribution systems, communications systems, electronic safety and security systems, lighting layout and control, and other electrical equipment. The Electrical Technician will collaborate with electrical engineers to help produce facility designs. They will conduct research and observations to improve systems. This position will analyze and review complicated electrical drawings to find complications, develop solutions, and communicate problem-solving to the electrical team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively assist with the creation of construction documents and develop plans for the electrical design of the facility.
- Actively participate in electrical team and construction meetings.
- Professionally address design problems and find effective solutions.
- Occasionally required presence on-site during construction to collaborate a solution to construction difficulties.
- Effectively collaborate with engineers to gain a general design concept.
- Successfully communicate with clients, engineers, and architects to discover and implement expectations.
- Accurately complete energy code compliance checks.
- Professionally mentor Electrical Technicians with less experience and understanding.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
- Associates degree in drafting or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to work and think independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to follow close instructions and focus on details.
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as project schedules and deadlines require.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
Submit Your Resume Today