ONE is a mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering consulting firm, specializing in building system design, services, and innovative solutions. At ONE, we care about people. We care about the success and well-being of our employees, clients, and communities. This translates into an unparalleled work environment and a superior client experience that thrives on integrity, quality, collaboration, and smart innovation. Through our culture shaped by our values, our mission of positively impacting people through innovative facility solutions will be possible.
ONE is looking for a CAD-BIM Director to join our growing team of professionals in our Minneapolis, Minn.; Duluth, Minn., or Fargo, N.D. location.
The position serves as a manager for the CAD/BIM department and technicians/designers. They will develop and maintain CAD/BIM standards and provide guidance to technicians, designers, and engineers. Additionally, they will also provide user support and software installations and updates. This position will work independently and be responsible for all employee training with the software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Autodesk software/licenses/account. Purchase software/licenses as required.
- Collaborate with Technical Production Leader and IT Team for Autodesk software installs/updates and researching, implementing, coordinating, and integrating alternative applicable software/processes.
- Effectively train new employees and facilitate continued education for current employees regarding AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, and Bluebeam standards, processes, and procedures.
- Create CAD/BIM training videos and host to company Blueprint site or YouTube Channel.
- Visit branch offices quarterly at a minimum to provide support and training.
- Provide user support for employees quickly and effectively via Help Desk, email, phone calls, or other communication channels.
- Successfully create CAD/BIM standards, manual updates, and develop advanced processes.
- Accurately manage and create all CAD/BIM standards, blocks, content, families, templates, details, and schedules.
- Create and manage specialized content as needed for multiple project types.
- Facilitate CAD/BIM Drafting meetings.
- Facilitate in-house Design Standards Committees and CAD/BIM Standards Committee meetings.
- Facilitate QC of CAD/BIM Standards.
- Monitor project Revit models for issues relating to quality and team efficiency.
- Conduct and assist in project BIM Kickoff Meetings with clients as required.
- Effectively collaborate with client CAD/BIM Directors to improve collaboration and efficiencies.
- Research, test, and deploy new digital tools to be integrated into the firm’s design process.
- Develop Dynamo/Rhino/Grasshopper/Power BI, Lisp Scripts and programs to increase efficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates degree in design drafting or related field preferred.
- Autodesk Certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the Engineering Technology field in a multi-discipline engineering environment. Knowledge or Civil/MEP processes.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a BIM support and management role.
- Expert experience in AutoCAD, Revit, Civil 3D, Navisworks, Dynamo, Power BI, Rhino, Grasshopper, and other programming tools
- Expert experience and understanding of Microsoft Office 365 Suite, Bluebeam, and general computer operation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to support a collaborative teamwork environment.
- The desire to produce quality and seek growth for the individual and company.
- Proven ability to be a process driven and a quick problem solver.
- Proven to be a thoughtful decision maker and able to effectively delegate solutions.
- Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within the role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of veteran, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.
Submit Your Resume Today